Sunday, June 1, 2014

Maryam is Engaged!

Leave a Comment
Maryam, OD-ing on choccies


Trying to think of a way to properly word a good congratulations to my dearest Maryam, who got engaged today and I felt a pithy tweet or an errant Facebook status is less than appropriate.

As she's heard me say a mite too often, "words are all I have", so here are some. I hope this is okay.

Our past relationship has been sparsely-documented here and there on the interwebs and without putting too heavy an embellishment on it, I'm sure some femto-cosm of the outside world used to cheer us on. I don't blame them because let's be real here: we were awesome together.

We weren't always good with each other, admittedly. We both wanted out and both insisted on staying at different times of us being with each other. The rough patches start to chafe. Chafing is how you scrub yourself out and become better, of course. But frequent chafings can scar some. After too much agonizing, we chose to part ways.

There are clear solid-colored pockmarks on my life and livings she's made over our years as a unit (more so than anyone else, ever) and I can't help but my thoughts be fish-eyed when certain things enter my consciousness.

Maryam is great with maps and directions, putting things in its place and looking adorable. She's thoughtful and persistent, handy and patient, and I'm unspeakably glad she's found someone who can match up to her needs. Also, although she's now decided that I'm just 'alright' (:P), I will still insist on her all-around awesomeness.

May Allah pour on His blessings and mercy on her and hers, and may the forces of evil get confused on the way to her house.

Here's to Love and all that comes with it :D

0 comments were made:

Post a Comment